Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Letting the muse lead the way...

Sometimes I really don't have a preconceived plan for the painting or collage. I just start with a background of some comfortable colors and patterns and begin to play around with the materials.  Like with the cloud-like texture on this basket and the tree branches. I did not know an owl would make it's home in the branches at first. But with my latest fascination with owls, it just seemed natural to put one there. And what else would an owl listen to in the night besides the music of the night itself.  The basket measures 13 x 13 x 6 inches.
                                                                                                                                               
"The Night Sings" 

1 comment:

  1. really like this it looks like a batik kind of look..trying to work out if its fabric or layered paper..it looks fab

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate it even more when visitors leave a comment too.