Sunday, July 24, 2011

The Sea Calls to Me

The sea has always been a mysterious and magical subject for me. When I was a child, my family took vacations to the California coast. We rented a hotel room and walked down to the beach to walk in the sand and play in the waves.  I can recall the feeling of the sand between my toes and the smell of the salt in the air.  In fact, right now if I close my eyes, I can imagine myself standing on the beach. It's still a wondrous memory for me.

Today the collages I am displaying are made on two canvas boards and have a mini canvas mounted on top with lots of paint and tissue and printed paper overlay. For personality I have added my little clay birds, tiny seashells, and vintage music to create a story picture that is very sweet.  For easy hanging, I also glued a ribbon cord to each one. Over all size is 5 x 7 inches.





"By the Sea" 1






"By the Sea" 2

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Patty! Love the colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia - I love these!! Took me right to the coast! Beautiful.

    ox
    jenelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patty this is so me ! and how many times can I tell you how much I love your Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Liz, Jenelle, and Mary for visiting my blog so often. These little art "postcards" were fun to create. Another place for my birds to fly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I appreciate it even more when visitors leave a comment too.